Who We Are: The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is the leading housing and community development advocate for the provision of adequate and affordable housing and strong, viable communities for all Americans—particularly those with low- and moderate-incomes. Our members administer HUD programs such as Public Housing, Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, CDBG and HOME.
Our Mission: The mission of the Southwest Regional Council of the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials is the provision of adequate housing for the entire people and the attainment of sound communities through the processes of development, preservation, conservation, rehabilitation, and redevelopment by:
- Improving the standards and practice of all phases of administration directly related to the above objectives;
- Developing and improving the professional standards involved in the administration of programs to achieve the above objectives;
- Strengthening the capacity of the Association at all levels to provide for the exchange of knowledge and results of experience, to conduct meetings, training and education al programs for the exchange of information to improve program administration and the enhancement of professional development opportunities;
- Facilitating effective relationships among all levels of government in the development and execution of housing and community development responsibilities;
- Cooperating and collaborating with other agencies, associations and groups, both public and private, having similar or related purposes.